Eventual Millionaire Podcast, 25. November 2014
You cannot measure success with a bank balance
- Stattdessen: What sort of impact do we have the privilege to make?
- Figure out how to be trusted.
- Figure out how to make something that other people choose to care about.
The only purpose to set goals is to overcome fear.
- We are more afraid of letting ourselves down once we write a goal down than to actually do what’s necessary to reach the goal.
What do you want to not be afraid of?
- Being vulnerable.
- Dealing with feelings of being a fraud.
- Making true and honest connections with people.
- Putting work into the world and saying: „Here, I made this. What do you think?“
Money is just a stand-in for what actually makes us proud.
What’s the point of becoming a millionaire if you didn’t enjoy the journey there?
The more value you create, the more money you will make.
The reason people don’t have amazing visions is because they are afraid. That’s the only reason.
- Choose to matter, choose to stand for something.
- If you’re not criticized for what you do it’s not important.
Resistance: „When I hear that voice in the back of my head saying This might not work, that’s what I do.“
- When you do things you’re afraid of, you will often screw up. But that’s part of the deal because it’s the only way you’re going to do work that’s actually important.
Learning by putting things into the world.
Okay, I want to make this. What is THIS?
- If you get the attention, where does it lead?
The first challenge is to be one of a kind, not like the other thing.
- The hook matters a lot.
„My goal is to make an impact on people, not to sell books.“
- Aber: Das ist sein Flywheel. Wenn er Impact macht, dann kann er gar nicht anders als Bücher verkaufen und damit Geld verdienen…
The only purpose of this online thing is to make people want to be on the inside („in the tent“) and pay for it.
Write down what you’re afraid of and be vulnerable about it.
- Confront your shame.
- The act of doing that is really, really difficult. Most humans are afraid to do it.